After Hulu had announced their Hulu Plus Service everyone immediately ran for their invitation, eve though the service itself is not free like you'd expect it to be (well at least for the first 30 days?) Just like everyone else i was excited to receive an invitation to my inbox about a week after:
I had many plans as to where and how to use Hulu:
- enjoy it on my iPhone 4
- watch it on my Samsung UN55B8000 LED TV i just bought for $2400
- install an app onto my PS3
It worked fine on my iPhone 4 with a decent quality over lame AT&Ts 3G network, but when i tried to make my TV work with it i was unpleasantly surprised.
It appears that even my TV model was quite new this particular series does not support Samsung Applications store, which makes installing Hulu Streamer Application impossible on it:
Sucks! But what about my PS3 slim? I heard Hulu is available for it.
Despite nice reviews posted everywhere about it, you have to become PlayStation Network member for a pesky $50 a year to make it work on your PS3. This would add up to $170 a year for a TV service with commercials in every episode, every 30 minutes. Ugh.
Given all this and the hype Hulu Plus had created it left me pissed off. Sigh... Let's hope Apple will come up with a better version of the TV-stream service on their September 1st event.
You might also like
|If a customer asks for discount – immediately up the price! For my 5+ years of consulting and web freelancing I've met a lot of people, some good, some bad. But...||Nokia N810 WiMax edition review There is a lot of excitement going on now about Sprint's XOHM network, which is promising blazing internet...||Why I dumped AT&T, sold my iPhone 4 and got Droid X with Verizon Service is key when you decide if you will keep certain vendor. Absence of service, or it being spotty...||Integrating Twilio text messaging service with Grails While working on a first big project of mine written in Grails I needed functionality of sending...|
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Oleksiy Deverishchev is a New York City based freelance web developer. In this blog he shares his experience with various gadgets and web technologies.
He is available for the following gigs:
- Java and Grails development
- telecom VOIP projects
- php/MySQL development
- Drupal projects
- virtual private server (VPS) migration, setup and tune-up
- Microsoft Access projects
- photography gigs
For more information and hiring availability please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Killing inner creativity with full time job: I had a conversation yesterday with a friend of mine about all sorts of things and one in particular...
- Point Reyes National Park: A perfect one-day gateway destination about two hours driving north of San Francisco - Point Reyse...
- Shooting with 50mm lens on Nikon D3000 examples: Here are some of the photos taken over the weekend with my Nikon D3000, using a no-zoom 50mm lens:...
- Breathtaking views of Yosemite Park: I just have to say here - the place is gorgeous. And it is totally worth driving for about 4-5 hours...
- Riding River Line Light Rail: Along with visit to Princeton today i took a ride on a River Line, a New Jersey Light Rail. More pho...
I am a Freelancers Union Member