Looking to save two bucks on admission to NYC Auto Show 2014? Use your AAA membership discount by entering "NY14AAA" code at checkout.
When I got approached by a client to deliver GPS tracking solution for an upcoming "Cloudy 2 With A Chance of Meatballs" foodimobile tour, I must admit I wasn't sure where to begin. Building a website with map showing current location of the tour truck was something I haven't done before and with due date looming I had to carefully think before making any decisions.
One of the first things I've thought of was a GPS device itself. What should it be, and how will I communicate with it?
Not so long time ago I decided to come back to digital photography making Nikon D3200 my new choice for DSLR. Together with it I purchased Nikon 50mm f/1.8 D AF lens and here are photos from the session with young aspiring actor Vitaly Benko.
With recent multiplication of cloud telecom provider like Twilio, Plivo, Tropo, Nexmo, TelAPI, Apifon.... and many more popping out every day, I had this idea about how easy it should be now to build a calling card solution based completely in the cloud and on one of the provider's rich API. A weekend or so of coding, thought I and it should be ready for production! But little did I know about what it takes to create something as simple as a calling card service.
It has happend so, that for more than a month I am an owner of Palm Pre 2. Due to the circumstances, I no longer have my beloved iPhone 5 and is definitely not paying $ 650.00 to get one. For some of the folks, it may come as a nerve breaking to let a shiny Apple product go and not being able to have a replacement with the same level of comfort, polished software and retina display. But... being a developer, it is essential to always be able to replace things, re-write the code, re-adjust the setup and find budget alternatives for situations your life may surprise you with.
Being left with no choice but to purchase a new smartphone, I started thinking about what are my options and most importantly - what is the cost for each: Read full story »
Oleksiy Deverishchev is a New York City based freelance web developer. In this blog he shares his experience with various gadgets and web technologies.
He is available for the following gigs:
- Java and Grails development
- telecom VOIP projects
- php/MySQL development
- Drupal projects
- virtual private server (VPS) migration, setup and tune-up
- Microsoft Access projects
- photography gigs
For more information and hiring availability please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hacking T-Mobile Pay As You Go to use with the iPhone: Say you have your friend/colleague coming over from outside the US with his fancy iPhone and looking...
- Shooting with 50mm lens on Nikon D3000 examples: Here are some of the photos taken over the weekend with my Nikon D3000, using a no-zoom 50mm lens:...
- What is FindRoomRent.COM and why I built it: Update: I have shut down FindRoomRent.COM, and domain is available through Godaddy. The project did ...
- Whale watching in Provincetown: Late fall is when i visited Provincetown for the first time. As the weather was gloomy friends sugge...
- Riding River Line Light Rail: Along with visit to Princeton today i took a ride on a River Line, a New Jersey Light Rail. More pho...
I am a Freelancers Union Member